Lib Dems launch consultation on a Plan for Growth in Leicestershire
A Lib Dem plan for Leicestershire Economy
Liberal Democrats on Leicestershire County Council have issued an outline plan of what they would do for Leicestershire's economy.
The plan is open for consultation on the group's website and proposes the following:
- Creating a local 'credit partnership' with small and medium sized business in Leicestershire to lend credit to allow them expand and create new jobs,
- Introducing a Youth Jobs fund supporting young people into work,
- Supporting summer skills camps to support skills development (such as computer programming) in young people,
- Establishing bursaries at local universities to invest in the future generations of entrepreneurs, engineers and artisans that will drive Leicestershire's economy forward
Simon Galton, Leader of the Liberal Democrats said, "This is our plan for growth in Leicestershire, it builds on our successive attempts to get the Tories to support using some of the £110m the Council has in reserves to help local businesses through difficult times, by investing in skills and local businesses.
We want people to let us know what they think of our plans and ideas. Having spent a long time developing something innovative and sustainable, we feel this plan helps Leicestershire and is more progressive than anything the Tories are considering."
- Simon can be contacted on 07952916358
- A copy can be found on the group's website here: http://leicestershirelibdems.org.uk/en/document/liberal-democrat-plan-for-growth-october-2012